I'm sitting on the floor of our new house typing this post. Our possessions are currently en route. It's actually been nice to live without our stuff for a few days. Living without our possessions is making the husband and me realize that we don't need "stuff." The arrival of our stuff seems like an end to our adventure. Our new lives and new experiences are going to hit us head on.
So much has happened since my last post. The husband and I traveled to Berkeley to find a new place to live. We were blessed when we found a house less than three miles from PLTS. Alas, the drawback is that the husband will have to commute quite a ways to the peninsula. This will be a change from his 15 minute bicycle commute he had in Glendale. But we're hopeful that we'll find our new rhythm and new routines before long.
I preached my first sermon, which was an incredible experience. It was an experience I got to share with so many people from such different phases of my life. Annie, my friend since the 7th grade, flew in from Denver. Karl's family was also there. So were many of my friends from Clemson. And friends from Fuller. New friends the husband and I made while living in Glendale. Leigh was there too; she's the catalyst that started this adventure.
I turned 30. Funny though, I don't feel 30. I feel like I'm 18, getting ready to go to college and preparing to start a new adventure. It was fun to celebrate with so many friends and family.
Then we packed up all of our possessions and moved north. It was really difficult for us to leave Glendale. Our last Sunday at Salem Lutheran was very emotional. The husband and I said our goodbyes to our church family. I missed UniLu when we moved from SC, but this move and detachment was emotional on a different level. The husband and I didn't want to leave. We did a lot of second guessing our last week in Glendale. It was hard to close the door to our apartment the last time, leaving what was once our home for three and a half years as an empty canvas.
Which brings me to the empty canvas the husband and I will be calling home for awhile...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment