Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm back!

Life has run away with me a little bit. It's been an odd week, but with many good points.

1. Getting to see old friends on both Friday AND Saturday. Friday was spent at the Howard Hughes Center, eating dinner at Islands, and watching "Star Trek" in the Director's Lounge, which was pretty neat. Saturday was spent catching up, playing board games, and eating insane amounts of food.

2. New life. Lauren had a baby boy this week. Manika had a baby girl. Marissa found out she's having a boy. Just...wow.

3. Passing my Early Church History midterm. I felt ridiculously schooled after the test. When the professor announced he had our grades, my heart leapt into my throat. When I got my grade, I about did cartwheels out of the classroom, hugging members of my study group. I guess you could say I was a tad excited.

4. I made tiramisu, and it was wonderful. Unhealthy, but wonderful. And everyone who ate it lived to tell the tale.

5. Assistant minister training at church. I was filled with a great amount of awe and fear standing on the other side of the altar. I'm still questioning if I can handle this, and I'm still trying to figure out what "this" is.

6. My in-laws are coming to town for my first sermon and 30th birthday.

7. The husband made pizza from scratch. Well, at least the crust and the sauce. He didn't make his own mozzarella, even though he does have a recipe to do so.

No comments: