Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday

1. Palm Sunday services at Salem. Surprisingly, today was my first Palm Sunday service at Salem. In 2006, the husband and I were still searching for churches. In 2007, my best friend was married over Easter weekend and I was the matron of honor in the ceremony. In 2008, I was in St. Louis, helping out my mother-in-law who was recovering from back surgery. I loved this morning's service. It was beautiful, uplifting, yet sad all at the same time. I cannot wait for celebrating Easter!

2. An impromptu date day with the husband. I had plans with the youth minister's wife, but she had to cancel since she had to catch up on schoolwork. So the husband and I went out for lunch at a great Mom & Pop pizza place and saw a movie. It was wonderfully random!

3. I got a new cell phone. I totally think it could do laundry and the dishes. I just have to find an application! iPhones are fun, yet sort of overwhelming!

4. Being able to eat a bowl of Cheerios for dinner, and no one telling me 'no.'

5. Coffee. Sweet, sweet coffee.

No comments: