Monday, March 2, 2009

How is it already March?

1. Walking the husband partway to work. We parted ways at Grandview and Glenoaks. He walked to work; I wandered around Kenneth Village for my morning walk.

2. Seeing daffodils on the morning walk. After seeing the daffodils, the husband and I reminisced about the wild daffodil rescue when we lived in Clemson. We rented a fabulous house on a half-acre lot, and all around the lot were wild daffodils. Before the landlord came over to mow our lawn one morning, the husband and I were madly digging up daffodils from around the yard and replanting them near the porch steps to save them from being mowed over.

3. Meeting with four wonderful women this afternoon. These weren't just any women, though. They were ELCA seminary representatives, and it was wonderful to get a chance to talk to them about my discernment process.

4. News and pictures of the snow down south. I miss my friends, family, and yes, even the state of South Carolina.

5. A wonderful husband. I don't know how he ended up married to me, but he's a blessing that cannot be described by mere words.

No comments: