1. I. Got. Accepted. Into. PLTS. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. I received an email from the Director of Admissions. Oh my goodness.
"Hi, Tuhina. And congratulations! The Admissions Committee has completed its very positive review of your application, and you have been admitted to PLTS. I look forward to welcoming you on campus.
I understand that you had a good visit with my admissions colleagues last week; I'm glad that went well. I wish I could've been there too; but my health issues are being taken care of in good order, and it was best that I stayed and got things taken care of.
I am down in southern California periodically doing admissions work in various places; perhaps we will have a chance to meet this spring or summer.
Soon we will send you a hard copy mailing--an official letter of admission, plus some other paperwork for your attention.
Blessings to you. You'll make a great addition to the PLTS-GTU academic and faith community! May your continuing studies this semester (quarter?) go well.
In Christ,
Steve"
2. Peace and quiet. I've missed that. The phone has hardly rung today, which is wonderful.
3. A working heater in the apartment. I'm spoiled with climate control!
4. Getting a few book recommendations from my professor. I've been having a difficult time communicating the Gospels with some of my family members. The difficulty is not through them wanting to hear about what I've learned, but the lack of a common vocabulary of eastern and western thought. My professor sent me some books that will hopefully close up that gap.
5. Thinking of picking out my leisure reading, which will commence at 10AM on March 17th... Sarah Vowell just released "The Wordy Shipmates," and I really want to read it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment