1. The husband had today off. An entire day! Which means we had a three-day weekend together!
2. Fleece blankets, especially the "fleece blanket for two" the husband and I received as a wedding present, and our "Boo" blanket (a black fleece blanket covered with little ghosts and the word "Boo").
3. Rain. Even though the temperature has been on the cold side (you'd never know that I grew up in Colorado with how cold I've been), the rain has been so needed. My favorite part of the rain is driving by Griffith Park on the 5; the hills are lush, green, and ALIVE!
4. Looking up recipes for homemade ice cream for a friend's birthday.
5. Getting a good laugh at the grocery store. The husband and I purchased cappuccino chips on a whim. On the back of the bag was a recipe for cappuccino chip kisses, which seemed to be a fun baking project for a cold, rainy day. The one ingredient we didn't have was sweetened condensed milk. I haven't had sweetened condensed milk since I was a little kid, when my mom would use it to make Indian sweets. Since we were by the grocery store, we stopped in, picked up a can, and went to the check-out line. We placed our lone can on the conveyor belt and heard someone laugh behind us. We turned to see that the man behind us in line was laughing, as he was making the same exact purchase. It's funny and cute in my head; I guess you just had to be there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment