"The best way to make God laugh is to make plans."
My friend told me this years ago at Clemson. It's now one of my favorite quotes, because it's incredibly true. It plays into the small parts of grace for today.
1. I received my interview date from the Synod for March 26th. This process is becoming increasingly real, and not the abstract idea it once was. I will walk into a room filled with people I don't know, and these people I don't know will tell me 'yea' or 'nea.' It's pretty daunting... One hiccup, though, is that the husband and I bought tickets to visit family. Alas, our departure date was for March 25th, but it works out because I was...
2. able to change the departure date for the tickets. Departure is scheduled for 11PM on the 26th.
3. Handing in my paper this morning. It's now completely out of my hands. Henry told me, "Writing a paper is like landing an airplane; you know you're okay when you live through it."
4. Date night with the husband. No homework, no work discussions, no moving discussions. Just a night where we get to have fun and enjoy being together.
5. Driving to campus this morning. There's something amazing about being able to see rays of sunshine breaking out from clouds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment