Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday

1. The husband and I decided not to set our alarms this morning and wake up whenever our bodies told us it was time to be awake. We don't get to do this very often, so a lazy Saturday morning was wonderful. I woke up first and looked out the window to see if it was raining. I was greeted with a beautiful sight outside my window. A rainbow! I was so excited, I had to tell the husband. And of course, we had to take pictures.



2. I drove to Northridge this afternoon to meet my lovely friends for afternoon tea. The tea house was interesting and rather... feminine. It was so much fun to catch up without our respective men. We had wonderful tea, yummy tea sandwiches, and lovely sweets. Most importantly, we just got to be. It was fun to laugh, but also have some serious discussions. We've agreed to meet as a "girl's only" group more often! I can't wait!




3. I love going through the LA Times Weekend Edition. It's the only time during the week that the husband and I read a physical newspaper.

4. The husband was wonderful in baking three cakes for New Member Sunday at church for tomorrow. We delivered the cakes to our pastor's house. It was wonderful to catch up with Pastor, his wife, and their daughter. I realized I hadn't talked to Pastor in ages, so it was great to catch up.

5. Talking with the husband's parents and my brother. Now if we could just catch up with the husband's sister...

No comments: