When I was in high school, student council members participated in an activity called, "Coffee Cake and Conversation." Student council members would partner up with three teachers for the school year, and once a month, we would try to get together to talk to one another. I miss CCC from high school, getting to know teachers out of the context of the high school classroom. I miss the act of detailed conversation with many of my friends. Being able to converse with close friends is what made today extremely special.
1. Running into Rowena on campus. I last saw Rowena during one of BJ's curry lunches on campus; after that, life got in the way. I had my nose in a book trying to synthesize all of the information from my Gospels class. Rowena was trying to synthesize information for God's call on her life. After running into each other on campus, we sat in the library lobby for a good long while, reminiscing on our first quarter at Fuller, talking about this amazing journey, and being open with each other about our fear of God's call. Sometimes the awesomeness (both positive and negative) of God's impact on my life leaves me speechless. When I am able to form words, I'm sometimes scared of sharing them. I'm so thankful for Rowena, since we've had similar situations in our seminary journey, and that she's my safe space where I can be bluntly open and honest. I'm also honored to be her safe space. I'm so blessed to have her as a friend.
2. Randomly catching up with the youth minister at church. I was at church to borrow some of the Pastor's books concerning a paper I'm working on. I saw that the youth minister was in, so I dropped by to say hi. We had an interesting conversation, spanning the mortality of our parents, life abroad, how to properly bow in Japan, building a "green" house, and how spouses keep their partners sane.
3. Dry socks. Especially when the ground is wet. I've learned to carry an extra pair of socks in my backpack.
4. Accidentally bribing the TA with a cookie. Really, I was just trying to get rid of the cookies in my backpack, not bribe the TA for a good grade on my yet-to-be-written paper. It's nice to know the TA is a funny person.
5. Pastor's willingness to share the books from his library, especially when Fuller's library is in chaos and I'm trying to whittle down my paper topic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment