Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Just Another Manic Monday

1. Getting a phone call from Pastor Marcus. Pastor Marcus has been such an integral part of my faith journey. Through our long discussions, the meals we've shared together, and watching him lead Salem's congregation out of a dark period, I greatly admire and respect him. Getting a chance to talk to him is such a joy!

2. A wonderfully long conversation with my mom. I talked to her four times when she and my dad were in India for a month, with each conversation lasting about 7 to 10 minutes. When my mom is stateside, I talk to her everyday... which resumed today! (I also talked to my dad, but he was really sleepy and still jet-lagged).

3. Making it to six pages for my Gospels paper. I've been wrestling with the paper topic because there's either too much to write or nothing at all to say. I'm fascinated that I was able to write anything at all!

4. Being able to do two loads of laundry at once! All of the machines on our floor were open today, which was an awesome way to start the morning. Since it wasn't raining and pouring, though, I did not sit in the laundry basket today.

5. Watching a hummingbird clean its beak on the tomato cage on the deck. It was ridiculously cute!

No comments: